Food for Thought: 2016-03-11
Posted on March 11th, 2016
Caution: a heavy set of articles, today.
- Indiana senate votes unanimously to allow Law Enforcement to withhold body cam and dash video, by default. You have to explicitly challenge each instance. Wanna guess how well those challenges will go? Consider this your reminder that outward-facing taxpayer-paid cameras are justice theater. (I think I’m coining that term for this context.)
- Is it better to fight bad laws or the enforcement of them?
- Which presidential candidate do you trust with the authority to murder 150 people with impunity? More coverage. Related article. A properly constrained government is one where [Trump, Sanders, Stein, anyone] is not a terrifying prospect. But right now, most people should be rightly terrified of any of these candidates having many of the powers that recent presidents have claimed.
- Autonomy or Autarky?
- I'll be so proud when my daughter is president and runs a corrupt oligarchy "I want my black American daughter to be president of the United States when she grows up – and to evade, at all costs, the question of whether a president of the United States of America can be morally just"
- Remember, the Clintons are conservatives.
- Nook to maybe let users keep some of the stuff they already paid for.